Barbecuing might sound easy at first, but there are plenty of tips and tricks you probably don’t know about that can make your food taste even better. These five tips can help you learn to BBQ like a pro.
5. Type of Grill – The type of grill you use does matter. While cheaper grills can still make good burgers, spending more money can give you more cooking options and better taste. Most BBQ experts agree that gas grills aren’t the best option.
4. Wood Chips – Try soaking your wood chips in water for at least an hour, but preferably overnight. This will increase the amount of smoke produced which also increases the amount of flavor. You can also use wood chips from fruit trees because they are low in impurities and add a nice flavor.
3. Let the Meat Sit – After you’re finished BBQing you should allow your meat to rest for a few minutes. Keep it on a warmed tray on the top rack of the BBQ or covered with some perforated foil. This practice will seal the juices and make sure the meat doesn’t dry out. You also shouldn’t cut the meat until it’s ready to be served and consumed.
2. Air Circulation – Be sure your meat has plenty of room on the grill so it’s not touching anything including other pieces of meat. It also shouldn’t be against the side of the BBQ. It should have room for airflow on all sides to allow it cook properly and seal in the flavor.
1. Aluminum Foil – If you don’t have all the proper tools you can crumple up a sheet of aluminum foil and use a set of chef tongs to use it as a brush to clean the grill. Foil can also help you clean up if you line the bottom of your cooker with a couple sheets of it before you put the briquettes in for faster and easier cleanup.
R&R Quality Meats & Seafood is committed to serving our customers with only the finest cuts of beef available, at the best value possible. Our beef buyers have decades of experience selecting some of the best beef you’ll find, from responsible and reputable beef producers. Though our regular day to day prices are lower than quality cuts at other stores, you can find even sweeter deals in our weekly ad .
Check back regularly for more updates!