Thanksgiving is often called “turkey day” because of its ubiquitous main dish. If you’re getting tired of the same old bird, though, why not shake things up? This year, try a different main dish that’s equally delicious.
- Consider the other white meat: pork has its perks. You can have this Pork with Persimmons and Mustard Greens or this Sage and Garlic Pork Tenderloin on the table in under an hour, a boon if you don’t relish your time in the kitchen. If you prefer for the main dish to be a marathon event, this crispy, tender Slow-Roasted Pork with Kumquats might be more your speed, requiring only 20 minutes of prep time, but taking 19 hours from start to finish. Looking for a dish with big flavor and an impressive presentation? Consider Roast Pork Loin with Pancetta and Sage. If you want something sweetly seasonal, you might want to try this Pork Roast with Lady Apples and Seckel Pears. If easy and budget-friendly are your qualifiers, this Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Pears might be for you, but if you want to go all out with a truly magnificent showpiece, go for Crown Roast Pork with Chestnut Rye Stuffing.
- If you want to stick with fowl, why not do it differently? Cornish hens make an elegant dinner, and there are plenty of recipes to choose from, like Cranberry Stuffed Cornish Game Hens or Cornish Hens with Pomegranate Molasses Glaze. If chicken’s your choice, make it elegant with Classic Roast Chicken or Roasted Chicken with Chestnuts. Looking for something a little different? Roasted Duck Breast with Wild Mushroom Stuffing and Red Wine Sauce is elegant and delicious.
- Beef can be an elegant option for your holiday table. Prime Rib and Oven Roasted Potatoes is rubbed with herbs the day before cooking, so it’s aromatic and savory when served. Roast Beef with Caramelized Shallots is another delicious option, served with a red wine pan sauce, the shallots glazed in brown sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Perhaps pasta would be perfect this Thanksgiving. If you want to forego the big display of meat in favor of something different, Stuffed Shells are a crowd-pleasing option that can be made ahead and frozen. Prefer lasagna? You’ve got plenty of options, like Classic Cheese Lasagna, Butternut Squash and Sage Lasagna, and Wild Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna.
- Seafood can be a showstopper, too. Don’t believe us? Try this Whole Roasted Salmon with Orange Butter Glaze.
When it’s time to pick your holiday meats, head to R&R Quality Meats and Seafood to check out our selection. At R&R Quality Meats & Seafood, you’ll always find fresh, premium meats and seafood, sourced from trusted providers. Locally owned and operated, we’ve been serving the Redding, California community since 1971, providing high-quality meats and seafood along with friendly, personalized customer service. To learn more, give us a call at (530) 241-7770 or contact us through our website.