Cooking with Lamb: Recipes You’ll Love
If you’ve never cooked with lamb before, you may feel overwhelmed when your significant other requests it for dinner. Don’t worry – cooking with lamb is easy, and with recipes ranging from extremely elegant to completely comforting, you’re sure to find just the right one for you. Here are some of our favorite lamb recipes to try.
- Mediterranean rack of lamb: For something elegant on a special occasion, give this recipe a try. The people you serve dinner to will never guess how easy it was to make! If you’re inexperienced cooking with lamb, this is a great place to start.
- Lamb shoulder with citrus-fennel salad: It’s hard to beat slow-roasted lamb shoulder. Don’t be intimidated by the five-hour cook time – all that means is that you get to enjoy the aroma of roasting meat all afternoon.
- Lamb pitas with yogurt sauce: This Greek gyro-inspired recipe features deliciously spiced lamb stew meat with sliced tomato and cucumber. It’s easy to whip up in the slow cooker, and the meat freezes well if you want to make a large batch.
- Lamb-fry: This simple stir-fry makes for a light and flavorful meal, ideally served with Indian flatbread. Spices such as garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and cloves bring out the best in your leg of lamb.
- Kashmiri lamb: Kashmiri cuisine combines fruits and nuts from the region with the cooking style of the Moghuls. This rich, hearty stew dish pairs beautifully with steamed rice or egg noodles.
- Lamb and winter squash soup: This flavorful dish is perfect for a chilly day. There are many different steps to this recipe, including marinating overnight, so be sure to plan ahead. If you can’t find the delicata squash called for in this recipe, acorn or butternut will work just fine.
- Grilled lamb chops: You can’t have a list of lamb recipes without lamb chop! This spin on an old classic features a tangy pomegranate-port reduction drizzled on top for a flavorful finish to every bite.
- Greek pasta bake: Combine ground beef and ground lamb with pasta for non-traditional comfort food you’ll make again and again. The tang of lemon and herbs combines wonderfully with the subtle presence of cinnamon.
- Lamb meatballs with raisin pesto: A pound of ground lamb, a handful of raisins, Greek yogurt and some herbs are all you need to make the most rewarding meatballs you have ever had.
With these great recipes to choose from, you should have everything you need to cook up a memorable lamb dish for your family. For access to tender, juicy cuts of meat, check out the selection at R&R Quality Meats & Seafood. We have a wonderful selection of marinated and seasoned meats to get your recipe started. To learn more about our products, or to ask questions, please visit us in Redding, CA or call us at (530) 241-7770.