If you’ve never cooked with lamb before, you may feel overwhelmed when your significant other requests it for dinner. Don’t worry – cooking with lamb is easy, and with recipes ranging from extremely elegant to completely comforting, you’re sure to find just the right one for you. Here are some of our favorite lamb recipes to try.
- Mediterranean rack of lamb: For something elegant on a special occasion, give this recipe a try. The people you serve dinner to will never guess how easy it was to make! If you’re inexperienced cooking with lamb, this is a great place to start.
- Lamb shoulder with citrus-fennel salad: It’s hard to beat slow-roasted lamb shoulder. Don’t be intimidated by the five-hour cook time – all that means is that you get to enjoy the aroma of roasting meat all afternoon.
- Lamb pitas with yogurt sauce: This Greek gyro-inspired recipe features deliciously spiced lamb stew meat with sliced tomato and cucumber. It’s easy to whip up in the slow cooker, and the meat freezes well if you want to make a large batch.
- Lamb-fry: This simple stir-fry makes for a light and flavorful meal, ideally served with Indian flatbread. Spices such as garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and cloves bring out the best in your leg of lamb.
- Kashmiri lamb: Kashmiri cuisine combines fruits and nuts from the region with the cooking style of the Moghuls. This rich, hearty stew dish pairs beautifully with steamed rice or egg noodles.
- Lamb and winter squash soup: This flavorful dish is perfect for a chilly day. There are many different steps to this recipe, including marinating overnight, so be sure to plan ahead. If you can’t find the delicata squash called for in this recipe, acorn or butternut will work just fine.
- Grilled lamb chops: You can’t have a list of lamb recipes without lamb chop! This spin on an old classic features a tangy pomegranate-port reduction drizzled on top for a flavorful finish to every bite.
- Greek pasta bake: Combine ground beef and ground lamb with pasta for non-traditional comfort food you’ll make again and again. The tang of lemon and herbs combines wonderfully with the subtle presence of cinnamon.
- Lamb meatballs with raisin pesto: A pound of ground lamb, a handful of raisins, Greek yogurt and some herbs are all you need to make the most rewarding meatballs you have ever had.
With these great recipes to choose from, you should have everything you need to cook up a memorable lamb dish for your family. For access to tender, juicy cuts of meat, check out the selection at R&R Quality Meats & Seafood. We have a wonderful selection of marinated and seasoned meats to get your recipe started. To learn more about our products, or to ask questions, please visit us in Redding, CA or call us at (530) 241-7770.
One of the biggest hurdles of losing weight is the desire to eat great-tasting food. Whether you’re on a specific diet or you simply want to reduce your carbohydrate intake to lose weight, the following meals will help you realize just how easy and tasty low-carb eating can be.
- Scrambled eggs and veggies: Enjoy this meal for breakfast or lunch. It’s rich in protein and healthy fat to keep you going. Include whatever vegetables you prefer, including tomatoes, onion, spinach or asparagus.
- Broccoli and cheese mini omelets: When you have a little extra time on the weekend, whip up a batch of mini omelets. Single servings baked in muffin tins are perfect for grab-and-go breakfasts on hectic mornings.
- Ground beef and bell peppers: All you need for a delicious low-carb meal is ground beef, bell pepper, onion, spinach, and your preferred spices. Sauté these together in a pan for lunch or dinner in a jiffy. Make two servings for a quick meal later.
- Chicken lettuce wraps: The tangy flavors of chili garlic sauce and soy sauce really make this recipe special. The wraps are also paleo-approved if you’re on this specific diet.
- Moroccan meatballs: These mouthwatering delights are made with lamb and essential Moroccan spices like paprika and The roasted pistachio garnish rounds out the dish to perfection.
- BLT chicken salad: The next time you’re craving a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, simply add the essential ingredients to a salad, skipping the bread to keep it low-carb. The addition of grilled chicken breast makes this meal even more delicious and filling.
- Enchilada chicken stew: For another twist on a traditionally carb-filled meal, slow cook everything you need for chicken enchiladas by following this recipe. With plenty of sauce, you can eat it as a hearty stew instead of in tortillas.
- Enchilada chicken mango salad: Do you have some leftover chicken from the stew recipe listed above? Add this to a bowl of shredded romaine and top it with diced mango and half of an avocado to make an easy, hearty, low-carb lunch.
- Herb crusted salmon: Salmon is among the healthiest seafood out there. This simple recipe rivals similar meals you’ll find at 5-star restaurants – and it only takes 20 minutes to make!
- No-bun hamburgers: Who doesn’t love a good burger? If you’re eating low-carb, the bun can throw off your goals. Thankfully, you can simply whip up a few beef patties and wrap them in butter lettuce to satisfy your cravings without cheating on your diet.
Most of the tastiest low-carb meals are meat-based. If you’re looking for all-natural chicken, wild-caught salmon and 100% grass-fed beef to include in your meals, look no further than R&R Quality Meats & Seafood. We have been serving up juicy and tender cuts of meat to our customers in Redding, CA since 1971. To learn more about our products, or to place an order, please contact us at (530) 241-7770.