Recipe Ideas for a Home-Cooked Valentine’s Day Dinner
Want to impress your significant other with your cooking skills this Valentine’s Day? Treat him or her to a romantic night in by preparing a special home-cooked meal. Here are some recipes to inspire you.
- Steakhouse sheet pan dinner for two: Enjoy a steakhouse meal without the steakhouse price. This surf-and-turf recipe combines all your favorites – New York strip steak, jumbo shrimp and potatoes – into an easy-to-prepare, quick-to-clean-up feast for two.
- Slow cooker lemon garlic roast chicken: Who knew a 3-pound chicken, some spices and eight hours in the slow cooker could produce such delectable results? This recipe also includes instructions for making gravy from the juices. Since it serves six, you and your loved one can plan on leftovers later in the week.
- Lasagna rolls: If you and your significant other love lasagna, but you don’t want to make 12 servings for Valentine’s Day dinner, try this recipe. Lasagna rolls have the same taste as the traditional dish, but with fewer ingredients and less prep time.
- Shrimp scampi linguine: This romantic pasta dish fetches a high price at restaurants, but you can make it yourself without breaking the bank. The recipe adds a dash of red pepper for a little extra heat on your Valentine’s Day date.
- Chicken cordon bleu: Any recipe with a French word in the title is bound to be romantic. This easy recipe combines chicken breast and sliced ham for a match made in heaven. For the best results, use large chicken breasts to make them easier to roll. The resulting pinwheels will look beautiful on your dinner plate.
- Beef stroganoff: This hearty winter meal is perfect for Valentine’s Day dinner! The trick to achieving a savory, tangy stroganoff is to sear the beef until the edges caramelize. A perfectly thickened sauce and tender egg noodles round out the recipe for a taste you and your date will love.
- Honey garlic glazed salmon: Looking for a sweet and salty way to serve salmon on Valentine’s Day? Try this recipe! It’s easy enough for a beginning chef to prepare, yet it’s sure to leave a lasting impression on your loved one.
- Garlic herb prime rib roast: Melt-in-your-mouth prime rib is only enhanced by the buttery, garlicky rub found in this recipe. Your date will swoon over the crispy, golden crust and tender, juicy meat of an expertly prepared roast. With the tips and side dishes included in this recipe, you’ll have everything you need for the ideal Valentine’s Day dinner.
No matter which meal sounds the most appealing to you and your significant other, you can find the cuts of meat you need at R&R Quality Meats & Seafood. We have been serving up fresh and frozen beef, poultry, shrimp, salmon and more since 1971. To learn more about us, please visit our website or call our retail location in Redding, CA at (530) 241-7770.