Summer is time to enjoy the outdoors, the warm weather, and longer days. When you’re outside, there’s one thing that meat lovers want to do more than anything else: grill. Grilling brings friends and family together to enjoy some good times and good food. If you want to host the perfect backyard BBQ, R&R Quality Meats can make your event an unforgettable success. As a go-to market for quality meats of virtually any cut and type, we should be your first stop for whenever you are planning an event.
Planning the perfect backyard BBQ does not have to be stressful; after all, this should be an event for relaxing with friends and family. First and foremost, you should pick out the perfect piece of meat. You should buy the appropriate amount of meat for the number of people attending your event. Getting a variety of meat is also a good choice. Your guests will appreciate options, just like you will appreciate the wide variety of choices you’ll have at R&R Quality Meats. For a traditional backyard BBQ, our all-natural burger patties and ground beef are great, classic choices. Chicken is also a good choice, as it is easy to cook and can grill quickly. For smaller affairs, you can consider picking up some steaks.
After you figure out what meat to get, it’s time to start thinking about sides. If you’re already planning on grilling, you can pick some sides that will complement the flavors. With the grill hot, you can throw on some corn on the cob. Leave the outer husk on but pull it down to one end so you can remove the silk. Then butter the cob and pull the husk back over. Another great vegetable to consider grilling is a portobello mushroom. The hearty fungus can withstand the temperatures of the grill and are a good choice in case you have any vegan or vegetarian friends coming to your event. Non-grilled items are also a good choice, like potato salad, pasta salad, actual salad, chips, or whatever you want.
Food is only half the planning. It’s also a great idea to have some drinks ready. You know your friends better than we do, but if you’re thinking about matching your drinks to the meat you’re serving, consider checking out our guide [link to blog post about drinks and meat]. Summertime deserves a good, cold beverage. If you are planning on serving alcohol, create a fun signature cocktail or grab a couple of beers to go along with your burgers.
Finally, make sure you secure a proper location. If you own a home with a backyard that you can grill in, you’re pretty much all set, but if you need to go somewhere to grill, consider making a reservation. A number of parks will allow you to reserve gazebos and other shaded structures to give your guests a comfortable place to relax.
Make your next event a delicious success. Find out more by calling us at (530) 241-7770 or contact us online.
You might be wondering what all the fuss about grass-fed beef is, and what makes it better than regular beef. Many of us don’t think about what the animals we’re eating today were fed yesterday, but it’s worth considering.
Most of the beef you find in grocery stores today is from cows who were fed a grain diet. That means they mostly eat corn and soy, but the truth is that many cows are fed whatever is cheapest that can cause them to gain weight.
According to USDA standards, grass-fed animals must have continuous access to pasture and not be fed grain or grain-based products. Grass-fed beef has several nutritional benefits including containing significantly more omega-3 fatty acids, higher amounts of vitamins A and E, and cancer-fighting antioxidants.
- Potentially Fights Cancer – Several animal studies have found that conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) has the ability to fight cancer. This powerful polyunsaturated fatty acid is much more prevalent in grass-fed beef than grain-fed beef.
- Reduced Risk of Heart Disease – Grass-fed beef has less overall fat and unhealthy fat than grain-fed beef. It also has lower levels of cholesterol and higher levels of omega-3s and vitamins that fight heart disease.
- Improved Blood Sugar – The healthy fats contained in grass-fed beef are essential to keeping your blood sugar at a healthy level. CLA has been proven to improve insulin sensitivity and can help ward off diabetes in both adults and children.
- Fewer Hormones and Antibiotics – Grass-fed beef is more likely to be free of hormones and antibiotics. Grain-fed cows are given hormones to increase their size to produce more meat. This has contributed to antibiotic resistance in humans and promotes the growth of bacteria such as E. coli.
- Safety Concerns – Consumer Reports conducted research showing that grass-fed meat is safer than grain-fed beef and has lowered risks of food poisoning in addition to fewer antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
R&R Quality Meats & Seafood features organic 100% grass-fed, grass finished beef as well as all natural grass-fed, grain finished beef. Give us a call at 530-241-7770 for more information.