Winter Seafood Soup Recipes
In the winter, there’s nothing quite as comforting as a warm bowl of soup. From thick chowders, rich and creamy, to stews and soups from every culture and cuisine, there are seafood soups to please any palate. The following list is just a sample of what you can make with fresh seafood and other high-quality ingredients.
- Slow cooker shrimp and crab bisque is a miracle of slow cooker simplicity. Not only is it delicious, but this soup is made unique by a topping of lightly dressed crab salad, making it a real showstopper as well as a comfort food.
- Seafood Gumbo is perfect if you like a little spice to heat up your soup. This is Martha Stewart’s take on a classic, so you know it’s going to be perfect.
- Mixed Seafood Chowder is a Scottish-style dish, made with clams and smoked fish. This recipe uses salmon, but you can experiment with your favorites, like trout and haddock.
- Bouillabaisse with Lobster is a sophisticated dish that’s as beautiful and fragrant as it is delicious. Flavored with saffron, this hearty meal is packed with fresh vegetables and seafood.
- Easy Thai Shrimp Soup lives up to its name, going from ingredients to a meal in a mere 30 minutes. Made with coconut milk, fragrant spices, and fresh shrimp, this soup is so good it may displace your favorite takeout restaurant.
- Italian Seafood Stew is lighter than most winter seafood soups. Try serving this savory mix of seasonings, tomatoes, fish, and clams with crusty sourdough bread, for a perfect winter meal.
- Fish Chowder is a rich and hearty dish, to warm the coldest day. The smooth cream and tasty fish is perfectly complemented by the warm flavor of bacon.
- Cioppino is an Italian-American stew that originated in San Francisco. Easy to make and delightful to eat, it’s on the lighter side of the season’s soups, and features crab, fish, and shrimp, in a tomato-based broth.
- Brazilian Whitefish Stew is simple to make, yet unique and delicious. With a coconut milk-based broth is surprisingly light and refreshing, featuring tomatoes, lime juice, paprika, and cumin. A traditional Brazilian dish, this can be made with fish, or as a seafood stew that features prawns and calamari.
R&R Quality Meats & Seafood has always offered top quality and wide variety; with our newest venture, R&R Quality Seafood, we’ve brought our high standards of quality to another level. Committed to customer service, we offer seafood that’s never frozen, and work hard to give you what you want when you want it. If you’re looking for the highest quality seafood, we have everything from Alaskan salmon, Pacific cod, and Hawaiian mahi-mahi, to a variety of shrimp and prawns, and plenty of live shellfish including clams, oysters, and mussels. To learn more about all that R&R Quality Meats & Seafood has to offer, visit our website or call (530) 241-7770 today.